Tuesday, May 23, 2006

I had two whole days and looking forward to two more. Thank you beautiful weather!

*Blue Slate Pathway*




When we started building the treehouse, we were generously offered old barn beams and siding to get started. While loading up the wood and beams, I noticed a pile of blue slate that used to be part of this old barn's roof that was build in 1860. How cool would it be to have a slate roof on the tree house? Well, very cool but there wasn't enough and too many broken pieces. I kept the whole pieces of slate for a future 'creative' project and broke up the rest to use as a path in the garden. This slate has been the best source to use for a path. It looks good all the time except when it is fighting for the width between the sweet woodruff and pacasandra . Five years and looking good!


* A beautiful purple Iris*



I'm afraid I don't have the name of this Iris. Finding an Iris database hasn't been easy and I don't have time to run through Dave's Garden 507 choices to find it. "So hear is the first blooming Iris!!! "

2 Comments:

Blogger David (Snappy) said...

its pretty the nameless Iris.I keep losing plant names even with my book I forgot to write them down.The slate path is fabulous.I used all the material i found in my derelict garden.The wood rocks bricks and sticks.It is always cool to use proper local materials for a garden.

4:17 PM  
Blogger Lynne said...

I so agree!

6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home