Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Man! My hands are rough!!!!!!

Mother's Day came early for me this year. We were able to yank out two overgrown yews to make room for this dogwood and added a kitchen herb garden. slowly, the ledge will be taken over with 3 cubic yards of woodchips and filled in with divisions made from the front garden.
I believe you can click on any of these photos to get a bigger look........








The photos below are all from one corner of the front garden to the north east facing south. This garden is 145 feet long north to south. I get eastern morning sun and a touch of late afternoon western sun with full canopy. My canopy consists mainly of red and white oaks, hickory trees, red & white maples and dogwoods.














This garden photo below started out as a fern garden with several varieties of ferns. Over the years I've added two different kinds of ginger, variegated Solomon seal and hepatica. I have one SO VERY dry spot in the back corner right up against the house were I store our vacation rocks. Last year I found this Japanese Holly Fern (Cyrtomium falcatum) and thought it was the perfect fern to put in that corner. Sadly it never returned. I hope to try it in another spot again this year if I can find it locally..



6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

gorgeous, just gorgeous...

2:14 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Clark said...

Sometime, my friend, I'd like you to help me envision the possibilities for my front yard. I want to tear out a lot of grass and have mulchy hosta heaven.
a.

1:11 PM  
Blogger Lynne said...

anytime, when you have time. when is that exactly? miss you.

8:08 AM  
Blogger Somewhere in Ohio said...

So lush, and green.... a wonderland!

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have a beautiful garden!! What a lovely tour you have given. And is that a rough collie in the photo! I have two smooth collies. Collies are the best, aren't they?? (I know, all dogs are best...)

12:38 PM  
Blogger Lynne said...

Thank you for your comments!

We purchased Mackinaw from a sheltie breeder in Napanee Indiana. Tri-sheltie (for three colors)
He's four years old now and what a beauty. And yes, (Collies, Border collies & Shelties) are the best!!! :>D

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home