Thursday, May 11, 2006

Now this is what I call a rainy day activity.

While working out in the garden yesterday, I was mumbling under my breath how I needed some rainy days in order to get caught up on things inside the home. Funny thing is, the only "things" that got done were phone calls, IM-ing a few friends and family members and making arrangements for Mother's Day at my mother-in-laws. Not exactly what I had in mind. I do have the rest of the afternoon and evening to accomplish something significant (according to me). Oh yes, one load of laundry.

I transplanted and rearranged a few plants in the crescent garden. A few plants were pretty pissed off at me. Lucky we have days of slow trickling rain to make up for my late decision making. I find myself very overwhelmed with the amount of work that needs to get done. I feel that all my worries would be lessened if I just had 6 cubic yards of woodchips. I prefer to lay out newpapers and pile on the wood chips in lieu of weeding. The downside to this method of course is the lack of seedling surviving those conditions. So , in the mean time my hamstring will have to survive..........


~

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto, ditto! Same day here today--phone calls to do (& Mother's Day plans)--hate making phone calls & they had all ganged up in one mass. I am still going down the list. Wow, what a fantastic cat you have! You are a gardener after my own heart with your wood chips/newspaper recipe for weeding. Back to the phone...

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home