Friday, June 09, 2006

I'm out of bed now!! YAHO! ooooh, nice nail polish......



Well, I was on a serious roll with the yarden this past Sunday. I mowed the lawn, trimmed bushes and weed-whacked all the trees. The day was too good to pass up. I didn't even break out into a sweat! Mother nature would bring on a breeze just when I started to get warm. Perfect day to get a the 'detailed' work done that I've been wanting to do. Waiting since May 25th for the woodchips to be delivered; I had a feeling that this week they would show up so, I wanted to get as much work done in the yard in order to focus on the chips for the week ahead. This week would have been the perfect temperature to chuck woodchips if I hadn't severely sprang my ankle in the mist of my fury on that Sunday. The two foot ledge I stepped off of had let me down hard. I thought I had broken my foot for sure. Cried like a baby. Off to the hospital, x-rays, air cast and pain pills. Home in bed for the last four days keeping my foot above my heart on a stack of five pillows all day and all night with ice to keep the swelling down. Of course the very next day the 16 cubic yards of woodchips showed up. Not at all surprising eh? Unable to spread them this week, I hope to be out there in a lounge chair giving direction to my wonderful family this weekend on the placement of the chips. Any opportunity to drive the tractor around the yard with the trailer and girls are there. Lucky me.



*Evening Primrose (Oenothera)*

My daughter was sweet enough to go out and take this photo for me. This is the next flower that is blooming out in the yarden. It's amazing really, how much has happened in the yarden in the past four days. The Iris' are done now sadly. The astillbes are getting ready and so are the spireas. Next will be my Rhododendron Catawbiense.

3 Comments:

Blogger David (Snappy) said...

get better soon.You can direct from a chair the placement of chippings.I am growing evening primroses but they are mere seedlings.the flowers are exquisite and the scent divine.I love those flowers!nice photo your daughter took.

8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dreadful accident & just when the woodchips arrive. The pits. My Evening Primrose have not opened yet, so to see yours is a treat. Lovely! Feel better quick & don't be tempted to push woodchips around right now. Take care.

11:16 AM  
Blogger R said...

i hope you are feeling better. thanks for the photo. i have een dying to figure out what a mystery flower is in my garden, and i think i matches your evening primrose.

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home