Monday, June 12, 2006

Organic Strawberry picking!!!




What a beautiful day for strawberry picking. These beauties will be cleaned and frozen whole for future smoothies.


The woodchips are done thanks to my husband and two daughters. The wagon that came with our tractor sure made the job go by quickly. We will have to order another truck load though. It's always nice to have extra woodchips lying around when you need them. I have two more gardens to fill yet along with some bush and tree lines I'd lke to pretty up with some fresh dressing.



*White Tea Floribunda rose bush*



*Spiderwort, Bluejacket, Snotweed (Tradescantia ohiensis)*




*Mock Orange 'Natchez' (Philadelphus )*

4 Comments:

Blogger Somewhere in Ohio said...

Beautiful berries~ I love summer produce!! Glad your garden is getting finished by the family... put those kids to work!

10:04 AM  
Blogger David (Snappy) said...

mmmmmmmmm strawberries.I used to go cycling in Cheltenham past a field of them, ready for self picking.The air was so fragrant and juicy with stawberries.Yum yum.Here in England Wimbledon starts, two weeks of tennis on grass, but the main food selling is strawberries and cream.

7:28 PM  
Blogger Lynne said...

wow snappy, that sounds like the best kind of bike ride to me. the cream; although good would kill me.

7:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pleasantly lost in your photos. Those strawberries look scrumptious. I can eat strawberries but can't pick them (I break out in a horrendous case of hives if I pick them--odd, isn't it?). Wonderful that the family pitched in to help in the garden!

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home