Thursday, June 01, 2006

They were down, Now they are up!



Now that's what I call a bouquet of flowers! It seems to me that this is the variety that tends to fall no matter if there is rain or not. The color and height is so striking in a sea of green in the garden. I just wish they could stay out there. I think that maybe a bracket of sorts will have to be made for next year...


These are the Jack's that I 'saved' from one of many Notre Dame expansions. Hepatica was another one that was saved from the same wooded area. But now there is a four lane highway running through these woods. There are a few sections of the woods left on each side of the highway.

I think the remaining jacks are calling me.......

One Jack was planted four years ago. This second one is a bonus. PLuse there are several babies.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Iris envy! Gorgeous. How tall is tall? They are beautiful. The color is great. Lucky you with the Jacks & their babies. I haven't seen any of those in my woods...I have the traditional Lady Slipper that is flowering right now.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Lynne said...

Now that is something to rave about. Yellow ones to boot!!! Lucky YOU!

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home