Monday, June 19, 2006

"We come from people who brought us up to believe that life is a struggle, and if you should feel really happy, be patient: this too will pass."

My (renamed) Blog is more than just about my gardening hobby. This venue of expression includes my everyday life with my husband, children, friends and those who share my other interests. Sometimes it's just to vent about what bugs the crap out of me or questions I might have about life. I enjoy the variety. So I hope I didn't bring some of you here to my blog under the pretense that the whole premise of it was for gardening only. To maintain several blogs to cover all my interests would consume me. Living life and my personal time is too precious.

My ankle is healing well. Never fast enough when there is so much nagging at me to get accomplished. This, of my own making of course. So be it.
Now, while I am hung up waiting for the second load of woodships to come along, I have turned my attentions to jewelry display tactics and ideas for my booth for the Art Beat this fall. I'm really not jumping the gun here. I just need to get all my ducks in a row so I can concentrate on putting out the product.


What a nice weekend we had. The warm wind continuiosly blowing, making the wind feel so soft against your skin. I just wanted to lie around in a hammock and day dream. But, Instead we went out to see the Prairie Home Companion. Tom and I were the oldest ones there!I swear! Great lines, great jokes, amazing stars and of course, great quotes. A must see!



Lola Johnson: What if you die some day?
Garrison Keillor: I will die.
Lola Johnson: Don't you want people to remember you?
Garrison Keillor: I don't want them to be told to remember me.



3 Comments:

Blogger Ali said...

I am so jealous! I'm a big fan. PHC was in Maine not too long ago, naturally, the very day I was flying off to a conference for work. Not a chance of seeing it, but I hope to someday.

Those strawberries look good! You must be a zone ahead of me, we don't have berries yet. I've cleaned out the freezer space for them though!

Ali

10:08 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

Duh! I just realized it was the movie, not the live show! I will see that.

Ali

10:10 AM  
Blogger Lynne said...

hey ali! thanks for visiting! Yes, My zone is 5a. It looked as though there was a big push this year witht he berries. They all were ripe at the same time. What fun it was too. Because this woman did the organice thing, you didn't see and strawberry plnats at all. Just this fluffy soft grass that when you parted it, you found your sweet smelling treasures.

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home