Monday, July 03, 2006

I love a rainy day




I had to share this sign with you. I have seen this sign all my life as I traveled to Indianapolis and back home. Fun sign.
Not a good place to take a bathroom break.

We are back from the abyss they call southern Indiana where EVERYTHING closes by 3:00 pm. I'm talkin way south by the Kentucky border. We rented a cabin in a huge fishing community, where nothing there is for children except a deck of cards, a ball and 2.5 channels on television. Not that T.V. is important. It isn't. No phone either which I really enjoyed that. We did manage horseback riding, caving and an awesome waterpark.
The rolling hills and valleys were beautiful!!! No photos. Why I don't take more photos on vacation is beyond me. We definitely had our fill of road-kill and turkey vultures.
Hiking wasn't an option this time due to the ankle injury. That wasn't something the girls looked forward to anyway knowing the waterpark was on the list. It was good that I could participate as much as I did especially at the waterpark.

It is raining today which give me permission to lay around, read and finish up the laundry and not feel pushed to get out into the yard and accomplish something.....

This is our last week of vacation. We hope to get the cedar siding started on the treehouse.

1 Comments:

Blogger David (Snappy) said...

sounds like you enjoyed your vacation.hope your ankle is healing up well.cant wait for tree house progress pics and words.

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home