Tuesday, July 04, 2006

What is it again???? HMMMM?

This is a herbaceous shade shrub whose name is lost to me. I look forward to it's fall blooming red spiked flowers.




**Sweet hosta**





***Bear's Breeches (Acanthus mollis)***


I've divided this plant several times. even though it might
looks mad at you for moving it. it will perform beautifully. My favorite plant this year.





My newest hosta. I gotta get the names going!



***Lily***



***Pincushion Flower (Scabiosa columbaria***





***Lily***






This is a herbaceous shade shrub whose name is lost to me. I look forward to it's fall blooming red spiked flowers.






***Cimicifuga racemosa Black Cohosh, Black Snakeroot, Fairy Candles***


You pick a name. I have a good friend down in North Carolina who sent me a box of roots after a visit. That was six years ago. This makes such a wonderful statement in the shade garden. Right next to the joe pye!




**lily***

I have a secret daylily place in mIchigan. (i really don't) but it feels like it. I purchased several varieties of daylilies last year and I can't wait to see how they perform. the longer flower pedal was a big attraction for me!




***Big Blue***

I love the grey/blue textured hostas. The big hostas in the garden are my husbands contribution to the shade. His babies.






Round two for the Mourning Window Cranesbill






**Catawabanese**






Nice contrast among the greens.
I purchased this at the famers market a few years back. It is suppose to have some kind of flower but I never seem to get any. Lost the name of it also, but it is striking just the same.


2 Comments:

Blogger David (Snappy) said...

Shaespeare wrote a rose by any other name would still smell as sweet.We guess he kept forgetting what plants he had i his stratford garden.I love your pics, the pincushion flower is exquisite.Im terrible with names too, even losing the tags i kept for remembering.oopps.

8:09 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

Pick a name - probably Culver's Root.

12:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home