Thursday, August 24, 2006

I love a Rainy Day

I love a rainy day. I've been looking forward to this day. It gives me permission to get to my work bench and get some work done, and let nature take it course outside. We so needed this rain.

"“The best thing one can do when it's raining is to let it rain.”~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


CAR TALK:

No, I'm not talking about the humorus talk show on NPR. I talking abut the time spent in the car with my girls on the way to school. This is an opportune time to give and share life experiences and advice.
Planting seeds.
I know I have given something worth thinking about to my girls when I get a choaked up feeling after I have made a point. something they can really chew on and understand. I think Iget choaked up because I wish I had a parent like myself when I was growing up and very impressionable. But at the same time I feel good that I was able to give just that.

We were listening to the radio and the song"Live lke you were dying" by Tim McCraw came on. The words

" went sky diving
I went Rocky Mountain climbing
I went 2.7 seconds on a bull named fumanchu" raised a question "what is fumanchu?" Well, beside the fact that I thought it was some kind of facial hair design....... "I'm not sure" But I did want to raise the question "What do you think it means to live life you were dying?"
Amy kind of had some idea, so I continued, "To live life like you were dying would mean not letting the little things that seem big to some bother you or consume your energy so much, you don't have time for the waste of time when you are dying."

I feel like I gave them perrmission not to get so caught up in other peoples (peers) issues that can drain what is really important and good. Although being sensitive to others who have to deal with these things because they don't know how to live their life like they were dying yet.

"then I loved deeper and I spoke sweeter
and I watched an eagle as it was flying
and he said someday I hope you get the chance
to live like you were dying."


CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:


The Wreckers
`Michell Branch & Jessica Harp`






MY FAVORITE QUOTE TODAY:

“Find out who you are and do it on purpose.” ~Dolly Parton

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home