Friday, August 04, 2006

The Summer's Reprieve

That beautiful season the Summer!
Filled was the air with a dreamy and magical light;
and the landscape
Lay as if new created in all the freshness of childhood.

- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow



~Sweet Joe Pye Weed (Eupatorium purpureum)

I laid awake last night, smelling the fresh night air flowing through my bedroom windows for the first time in weeks. The Cicadas are singing so loud that I don't even hear the road nosie. I'm sure when I get out to mow this weekend I will find many disgarded nymph skins. I used to collect them to use as part of my Halloween decorations for the table. How cool is that? (evil grin)

Went on a bike ride last night with my daughter. I love my bike.
here's a sweet little photo of it.

I am a tall woman who needs a bike that will give my long legs the full stride without the knees reaching for my ears. This a men's 1972 Chicago Schwinn Speedster.




It's is such a cruiser! I love love love this bike and It only coast me $10.00 at St. Vincent DePaul. It was the first object my eyes landed on when we walked into the front door. Not an impulse buy, but a must have!

~"The bicycle is the most civilized conveyance known to man. Other forms of transport grow daily more nightmarish. Only the bicycle remains pure in heart. "
~Iris Murdoch, The Red and the Green

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love my bike too, but didn't get the bargain you got on yours. I see why you love your bike--such a classic! I love the Joe Pye Weed too, just as much as the butterflies. Longfellow & Murdoch quotes are perfect.

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home