Friday, December 15, 2006

Ornament Exchange



I fell in love with some galss art this week. I was shopping for some ideas for making a christmas ornament. I had intentions of sliding this beauty into a glass ball but it lacked something I could not inhance. I guess this is what I had in mind all along. I have a white elephant christmas party to go to on monday and I hope to get this back through exchanges according to the rules of the game. wish me luck. I don't want to have to make another one, but I will if I lose it.

Christmas tree and caroling this weekend. I'm glad the date is Saturday for the caroling so our family can have all of Sunday to ourselves. We need this day.

Kelsey has her first piano recital this Saturday afternoon. I've invited several people close to us to come and see her perform the most beautiful Christmas song. "What Child Is This". It will take everthing I have in me not to cry when she plays. I am so proud of her and where she has gone with her lessons. I'll be biting my lip big time. I hope I don't forget the camera.




I wanted to make a necklace out of the glass art I purchased. I like this one. simple and fun.

I am having an openhouse on Wednesday the 20th from 4:30-8:00 p.m. I hope I get a few orders out of it. I decided at the last minute to have one, so I don't expect much. Just having one for the first time will be a learning experience.that I need. I had a chance to talk with Mary at the Trinity Bazaar and hope to combine efforts for a few openhouses this spring. Her ceramics are beautiful.

Christmas is at home this year. This has only happened a few times in all the years of being in the family. Now I have to think of what traditions I need to set when this happens. I invited Mom for dinner. I didn't want her to be alone on Christmas day. So a roast beast and mash potatoes are in order.

"And the words of the prophets are written on the subway walls,
And tenement halls,
And whispered in the sounds of silence."
- - - Paul Simon, "Sounds of Silence"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home