Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Joe Pye




One of the many reasons why I leave my garden debris. The contrasts and textures make for some interest in the mist of dullness.
The past two weeks has been the spring board for what is to come in the next two weeks of madness. Preparing for this year play has been exciting and exhausting. All good of course!!! Just a lot more hectic than I would want for myself to be. But that's the life of helping with a play and trying to keep eveything else in order that follows. I have lived the words 'Parent Partiscipation' and 'Volunteer' for the last two weeks now. It has its benefits, but I am weary.

Catholic school week was just the beginning. Everday another function and a need for help. Play practices everyday after school then off to one appointment or another for the girls. Ski trip yestserday then play practice, a volunteer parent meeting for the play then the home and school association meeting. I got home at 9:30 last night. Most of my days have been 12 hours of go go go.
I look forward to any down time I can get. This morning is the first in days. a few photos and a little jewelry making and I should be good to go, or at least in time to take my girl to the doctor. Girl number two this week. Nothing major. Just little things that could grow into big stuff if I don't keep up on it. I like to be preventative.
If the conditions are good this weekend ( I doubt it) we were hoping to go cross country skiing. something we've been wanting to learn how to do. We might end up with innertubing instead. Sounds good!

3 Comments:

Blogger Somewhere in Ohio said...

Beautiful pictures! Try to take some time out for yourself~ Miss you!

11:08 AM  
Blogger Jessica Moreau Berry said...

Jon and I don't have children and we are always amazed ath the sheer "superheroism" you parents pull off!! Our friends run, run, run...but I would guess that's a sign of a good parent!!!

I will be sure to link you up Sweetie~pie!

I love these icey photos!

8:40 AM  
Blogger Ki said...

Very beautiful photos of the ice covered Joe Pye weed. Thanks for positng the pictures. I always thought the Joe Pye weed would make a beautiful decoration on the side of the pews for a church wedding but my wife thinks otherwise. You don't see it used for cut flowers but we have and one stem fills up a vase and lasts for a week. After that it starts dropping a lot of litter so it's best to get rid of it even if it still looks good.

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home