Tuesday, February 13, 2007

A Valentine's Gift for him.





My Only Valentine's order. Grateful to have one. This is a 16 gauge Sterling Silver Patina for my friend Edie's husband, Jeremy. She wanted me to use Titanium for the fine brushed pewter look of aged metal. I love this look also. But working with the wire was tediously strong and unruly. The metal was so light in weight that it felt like dental floss on your wrist. I didn't have any experience with tiatnium before and have learned for the next time, to order the jump-rings already made to save myself the agony of not being able to give my customer what they wanted. I order most of my large heavy base metals out of canada, so it took weeks to get here and The Lord Ring are the only ones who have the pre-made titanium jump-rings. Of course by the time I figured all of this out, it was too late to re-oder in time. So I went ahead with the sterling silver and dipped it in Line of sulfur to age it. Edie was very happy with the results and I was very relieved.

My next project/order is a brooch for the direcor of this years play of "The High school Musical." I have a few ideas and will get started on it this weekend.

Getting used to all the snow and cold we've been having. yesterday felt like a heat wave! A whole 31 degrees!! Tons of kids outside yesterday in just hoodies. Today is a different story. I wonder what kind of lake effect we'll get after this system blows through? I hope not much. Tom and I have a dinner date this weekend with Tim and Kim and we would like to make it. Two dates in the same month??!! The stars are in our favor......

I am so excited about the Terabithia movie coming out this weekend!!! I have been looking forward to this movie for weeks now. I hope I didin't work myself up into a foam over nothing. Sometimes the movie previews are all that is excitng about the movie. I hope this is not one of them.

Books the family is reading:

Kelsey:

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

Amy:
just finished,
Gregor And The Marks Of Secret (Underland Chronicles)

Lynne:

Teach Like Your Hair's on Fire: The Methods and Madness Inside Room 56
~ by Rafe Esquith
The Dance of the Dissident Daughter: A Woman's Journey from Christian Tradition to the Sacred Feminine
~by Susan Monk Kidd

Tom:

I forgot........ ;C)) I can't sneak into the room to see, he is still sleeping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home